Digital X-ray machine advantages:
• better image quality provides the possibility to detect important details through digital processing;
• operation speed provides the possibility to assess the obtained image online using a computer;
• availability – modern portable digital X-ray machines are both portable and stationary and are widely used to diagnose various medical conditions;
• provide the possibility to store relevant information on digital media, ensuring data handling convenience and efficient space utilization;
• and two of the most important advantages are low cost of patient examination and operating staff safety, as digital machines do not require film developing processes thus eliminating contact with chemical reagents.
The PHILIPS DigitalDiagnost, FUJI FCR GO and SHIMADZU MobileDaRt MUX-100Dsystems are among quality digital X-ray machines.
Film (analog) X-ray machine advantages:
• the operational principles for these machines are usually familiar to all X-ray department staff;
• X-ray department performance will not suffer from computer malfunctions, if any;
• they are reliable and can be operated for many years continuously;
• relatively low cost of fim X-ray machines compared to the modern digital ones;
• some modern film X-ray machines support digital functionality, so, if necessary, you can upgrade them to a digital machine.
The GE AMX-4 Plus,GE Proteus XR/a, GE Optima XR200amx systems are among the top film X-ray machines.
Thus, only being aware of all the details will allow you to choose the right machine for you, and what is also important, to get a bargain. In its turn, this will ensure your X-ray department’s quality and proper performance in any clinic.